With my pump and Dexcom I find it a little reassuring that I can manage my blood glucose at all the times of the day and night. Daily life has maintained almost the same in a year other then the routine I have had to create for myself that’s a little inconvenient at times.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
Transcend Glucose Gels were given to me in the hospital by my endo team when I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. They are the only things other then fruit snacks that help my BS get a quick boost! Thank you for making such a user friendly product in more ways than one!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Telling myself that there is no Perfect BG level. Try to maintain the best possible BG level and live my life to the fullest.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
Eat well, exercise and most of all…don’t let it hold me back from doing the things I love.