Being a stay at home mom to an active 5 year old boy, I have to be ready for anything T1D throws my way. My son is educated on T1D. He knows when I am low or high. He is such an understanding and loving little boy.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Any of my Diabuddies are my heroes. Their stories give me inspiration.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Right now it’s dealing with lows and highs. Not from over bolusing. I think my Endocrinologist needs to make some adjustments to my pump.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I have learned that T1D is like a rollercoaster ride. It has it’s ups, downs, curves etc. It’s definitely a wild ride. Not every day is the same either. Everything and anything effects my blood sugar. But I have learned that T1D isn’t for the weak, and we are definitely warriors!