One time we stayed at their grandparents house but couldn’t get access to any food for her low, we had to give her a glucagon shot to keep her from going into shock.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
My daughter, Jade. She is 4 almost 5 and if I could take all her finger pokes and shots away I could.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Keeping her blood sugar steady throughout the day.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
We have learned when she is in a low stage she’s very clingy and tired. When she is high she is very cranky and starts throwing fits.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warrior form to share your story and get featured on our social media!