I never let my diabetes get in the way of doing things I love. I love to be outdoors and doing water sports, but with all those activities comes lows. I use Transcend Gels when I start to drop and they definitely hold me over and keep me going on with my life.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
Transcend Glucose Gels have helped me with my low blood sugars more times that I’d like! They’re are so easy to slip in your purse and can easily be discreet so people don’t think I’m just eating candy for fun! It’s also a plus that they taste good!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge with diabetes is overcoming burnouts. I have to remind myself I am stronger than this disease and nothing can stop me from being the best person I can!
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I am stronger than I ever realized.