I’m a lifeguard so training was hard. I had to find a way to keep my sugars high: always eating!!! Now, I look closely and monitor my glucose to be sure I’m okay when I’m working!
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?11-15
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
I love how they taste, how it’s the perfect amount of carbs, and how it raises my sugars!
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Max Domi, for sure! I’ve always been a Habs fan and being able to look up to someone like me on the ice is just amazing! I actually had the chance to meet him last June!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
The sugar rollercoasters.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That a bad thing can turn out to be a good thing on another angle. Diabetes gave me maturity and strength to live my life and battle!