While traveling I have had many instances that I have to treat a low or take insulin with my pump. The looks I get when I pull out my tester or pump drives me crazy – or being told if I lost weight I wouldn’t be type one. I try to educate people as I run into these situations.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
No one that I know personally but in Facebook groups the parents of type one children and the children!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
I’ve had it for 24 years so not much challenges me except traveling.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
Roll with the punches. Everyday is different what works one day doesn’t work on another day.