Whipped cream and fresh plums are layered between flaky crepes for a diabetic-friendly dessert!
- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 1 wedge each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 21
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe, yet firm, red plums, pitted and very thinly sliced*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 2 8 – ounce containers frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 9 – inches purchased prepared crepes
- Ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- If desired, sprinkle plums with the 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. In a large bowl fold together whipped topping and vanilla.
- To assemble the crepe cake, place 1 crepe on a serving platter; spread with about 1/2 cup of the whipped topping mixture and top with about 1/3 cup of the sliced plums. Repeat layering crepes, topping mixture, and plums until all the crepes, topping mixture, and plums are used. Cover with foil; chill 3 to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, if desired, sprinkle with additional cardamom. Drizzle with honey; cut into 16 wedges.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Use a mandoline to get very thin plum slices. Set the mandoline just slightly thicker than 1/8 inch.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 102 cal., 1 g total fat 4 mg chol., 65 mg sodium, 21 g carb. (1 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 1 g pro.
Other Carb (d.e): 0.5; Starch (d.e): 1
This recipe is brought to you by: http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/crepe-cake-plums