- Serves: 5
- Serving Size: 1-2 pieces, about 8oz.
- Prep: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 45 Min
- Ready In: 55 Min
Don’t let type 1 prevent you from eating some of your favorite Southern classics. Serve it with a low-carb deli salad and you’ve got a delicious dinner!
- 1 whole cut-up chicken (3- to 3-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg whites. In a large bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and poultry seasoning.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour mixture, then into egg whites then cornflake crumbs, coating completely with each. Place on baking sheet. Lightly coat top of chicken with nonstick cooking spray and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
This recipe brought to you by: https://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Chicken/Crispy-Oven-Fried-Chicken