These Flaxseed Morning Glory Muffins are a delicious, diabetic-friendly way to begin the day!
- 12 sprays vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2/3 cup Earth Balance Vanilla soymilk
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed or flax seed meal
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Better’n Eggs®
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Spray bottoms only of baking cups with cooking spray. (Muffins will stick if baking cups are not sprayed.) Place cereal in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper; crush with rolling pin.
- In large bowl, mix crushed cereal and soymilk; let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is softened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
2,770 Calories, 503g Carbs, 102g Fat, 71g Protein, 8,875g Sodium, 132g Sugar
Per Serving: 462 Calories, 84g Carbs, 17g Fat, 12g Protein, 1,479g Sodium, 22g Sugar