Mix up your typical grilling routine with a splash of summer in these diabetic-friendly Szechuan Chicken Skewers!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese chili sauce with garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange peel grated
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large plastic bag, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup, tamari or soy sauce, the vinegar, oil, chili sauce, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add the chicken. Close the bag securely and turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 4 wooden or metal skewers. Grill over hot coals, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Or broil 4 inches (10 cm) from the heat, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
734 Calories, 56g Carbs, 30g Fat, 52g Protein, 1,457g Sodium, 43g Sugar