Treat yourself with this mouthwatering, diabetic-friendly Thai Seared Shrimp with Tomato, Basil and Coconut!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, uncooked, deveined and peeled (thawed if frozen, tails removed)
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons green or red Thai curry paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or basil leaves
Optional: 2 chopped Thai chili peppers (*Caution: These pepper are spicy!)
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp and onion in oil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in curry paste; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, lime juice and brown sugar. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and basil. Heat over low heat until hot.
939 Calories, 48g Carbs, 37g Fat, 100g Protein 1,264g Sodium, 19g Sugar
Per Serving: 157 Calories, 8g Carbs, 6g Fat, 17g Protein, 211g Sodium, 3g Sugar