- Makes: 15 servings
- Serving Size: 2 balls
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, toasted*
- 1/3 cup dried fruit bits
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened large flake coconut
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and the water; cook and stir over low heat until the honey liquefies. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine rice cereal, toasted rolled oats, fruit bits, sunflower seed kernels, peanuts, coconut, and sesame seeds. Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture; stir to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or just until firm.
- Using your damp hands, shape mixture into 30 balls, each about 1-1/4 inches in diameter. Chill balls until ready to serve. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 30 balls (2 balls per serving)
- To toast oats, place them in a dry medium skillet; cook over medium-high heat until lightly golden and fragrant, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 15
PER SERVING: 153 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 48 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (2 g fiber, 7 g sugars), 4 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 1.5; Starch (d.e): 1