I am a group fitness instructor and it can be hard to manage my blood sugars during exercise. I have to make sure they are high enough before teaching that I don’t suffer a low during class but not too high because that makes me not feel good.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 2
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Navigating the daily life of blood sugars. I can eat the same breakfast each day and my blood sugars will do what they want.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
The importance of taking care of myself.