I try to live as a role model for the kids that I work with.
That anything is possible, as long as you manage your diabetes appropriately.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
My great grandfather, Arnold, was diagnosed in the late 1930s and lived for almost 50 years with type 1 diabetes when the technology and insulin that’s available today didn’t exist!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Trying to manage my highs and lows at the worst possible time.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?