So… this Thanksgiving was by far, the most important one of my life. I got to bring my baby boy homeLast Friday, I took my boy to the doctor for what the doctor thought was “bronchiolitis”… long story short… we were transported to Children’s Hospital in Denver…Carlos has Diabetes… Johnnie and I spent 1 week at the hospital with Carlos… meeting with specialists and dealing with doctor after doctor. We are home now… it’s a huge relief to be home. But now our lives are changed forever. Carlos’ life will never be, what we thought it would. Our boy, in his short 5 months has shown us more – courage – strength – bravery & grace- than I’ve ever seen. He is my hero.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warriors form to share your story and get featured on our social media!