I love that the Omnipod and dexcom have given me the freedom to do the different things I love such as go on girls trips!!
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?6-10
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
The fear of going low. I wish I could have been in better control of my numbers when I was is high school. I have always loved basketball but never tried out for the high school team because I was afraid of always being low.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I have learned to not let anything stop me or get in my way. In the last 10 years or so I have made this my mantra. I feel like having better control of my numbers and better self awareness is letting me just simply live my life how I choose without fear!!