I absolutely love the outdoors. Hiking and photography are on the top of the list. Having a connection with nature will always be one of the most important aspects of my life. Unfortunately, even when I’m chasing the highs, blood sugars get low and I’m stuck squeezing a juice box mid-hike. As well as sitting on a ridge top or epic viewpoint, lows always get the best of me.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?11-15
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
I don’t know many people with diabetes, personally.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge with diabetes is keeping my blood sugars in range to perform my daily activities.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That life is precious. Every second of it.