I was diagnosed last year with Type 1 at the age of 37. I love to run so my personal experience is finding the right dosage of carbs to take, to get me through my run but not spike my blood sugar.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Don’t have one yet but following Type 1 athletes and Type 1 warriors on social media continue to encourage me to take control.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
There is never a day off! You always have to work towards managing your blood sugar.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I can handle and get through just about anything that is thrown at me!