I was diagnosed October 22, 2019 and how it happened was my mother found me in a diabetic coma in my bedroom. This happened to me after a big week in my school. It was homecoming week and I spent days wearing myself out. So we thought I caught the flu by being outside for a long time.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?3 hours+
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Nick Jonas because he went through so much and never gave up.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge is managing the blood sugar to stay in my range.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
To keep track of time.