My biggest struggle right now is dropping after excercises no matter what my blood sugar was before. Then it seems to take forever to come up.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?6-10
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Honestly I look up to all of my camp friends (camp is where I went growing up and all the kids there had Type 1 Diabetes). Each of us have our own journey and struggles.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Maintaining a steady and consistent blood sugar level.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That it is important to take care of yourself first. And more importantly complications can and will happen if you don’i maintain control.