Recently I started running with a group called Girls on the Run to prepare for a 5k run. Experiencing lows while running and treating them has been tough.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
My Endocrinologist because he is a Type 1 and became a doctor.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
The ups and downs.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
How strong I really am.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warriors form to share your story and get featured on our social media!