I was at Carolina Rebellion with my family for a three day rock concert. We were in the very front of the crowd for almost 6 hours and I was directly in the sun the whole time. I tried to fight to stay there with everyone and not ruin their time but I couldn’t stand anymore. I checked my sugar and I was at 30 and had to have help to get out of the crowd and rushed to a source of some type of sugar before I passed out.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge is to do all the things I used to do before I was diagnosed. The type of work I used to do, the sports I used to play, going to the gym like I used to.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
It’s not gonna be an anchor for my life, it is just an obstacle to get around and keep living my life and learn to get through anything life has to throw at me.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warriors form to share your story and get featured on our social media!