The worst part of this disease for me has been obtaining the tools I need to manage type 1. The costs and insurance coverage make it so hard. Not to mention navigating the medical supply companies. I have spent countless hours with phone calls, emails, and paperwork. You have to be your own advocate and it can be so stressful.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
How to be accountable.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warriors form to share your story and get featured on our social media!