I was just married for the second time in August 2019. My husband has chronic illnesses and just had open-heart surgery. Right now I keep a sling backpack with me so I can hold my snacks for when I go low.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Just to stay in range and not go low, especially when sleeping.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
It takes a lot of diligence, making sure you have all the supplies you need anywhere you go, just in case of an emergency.