I help direct a summer camp with one week that focuses on Type 1 Diabetic youth. During this time the kids numbers fluctuate (so do mine) because of excitement, nerves for a new activity, and endless hours of fun activity. To get back into the fun, we rely on Transcend Glucose Gels to get them back in the move quickly and effectively!
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
They are perfect for on the go, quick fixes that increase my BG in 15 minutes.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggies challenge is feeling like a burden to those around me especially if my either super high or low. I hate feeling like I’m bringing down the mood in a group
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I am resilient!