My A1c was rocky from the beginning. Slowly climbed to a 10, then 11.5, then it was 14+ and I was admitted to the hospital for DKA 6 times in 1 year. I finally put in the work to get my Dexcom and T:Slim insulin pump and my latest A1c was 7.5 – lowest it’s been in 10 years!
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?11-15
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Bret Michaels, he’s always been so positive!
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Maintaining a normal life.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
You never know what someone is going through, be kind and courteous.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warriors form to share your story and get featured on our social media!