Diabetes has made it hard to adjust being so young. Kamber now has a lot of separation anxiety and is struggling in school.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
My diabetic educator is a diabetic and I look forward to my check ups when I get to visit with her.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Not being embarrassed by my pump and supplies because my peers don’t have the same stuff.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?