I was just recently diagnosed, but I drive around for work all day and have to deal with a lot of people and I’ve gotten really low before while doing so. I had to explain I have diabetes and need to drink a juice box real quick.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
I was working out the other day and got super low. I used the sample I was sent and loved it!
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
I actually don’t know anyone else with type one.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
It’s expensive and I never know when I’m going to start shaking from a low coming on. It’s hard for me to travel on airplanes now.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
To eat better and to calculate carbs differently.