I can recall a time when my family and I were on vacation at Myrtle Beach. I became extremely low and almost passed out at the gift store. I was very weak and shaky and had to sit down. Swimming always drops my blood sugar.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
I struggle with highs and lows.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought and to take one day at a time. I have a lot of support.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warrior form to share your story and get featured on our social media!