My mom owns a dance studio and from a very early age, she would encourage me to check my blood sugar in front of customers to help me feel more comfortable and also to open others up that would then ask questions and would start conversations about my disease. It is a great way to teach people.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
The constant changes in my blood glucose levels.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That everything changes.
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warrior form to share your story and get featured on our social media!