I was diagnosed when I was 18, right before going to college. My freshman year best friends father has type 2 diabetes, and she was decently educated about the entire realm. If we were out shopping and I went low or needed to test my sugars, she’d be the little table for my meter and help me with treating a low etc.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
All the diabetics that have been living with the disease for decades.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Besides how exhausting it is, the people.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That I am stronger because of it.