I am a competitive swimmer and getting through swim practice is a battle. I am often fighting low blood sugars that make me sit out and miss yardage.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?6-10
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
I have many friends that are T1 warriors are heroes to me.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Fighting highs and lows.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I have learned perseverance and mental fortitude.