My pregnancies have lead my sugars to bottom out where I would not respond. It happened while home alone and I was found unconscious on the bed. And during another pregnancy, it happened while I was at my daughters hospital room when she was getting cancer treatments.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?6-10
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge is trying to find insulin that continues to work with me because I become insulin resistant very easily.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
It’s a long road and I’m learning something new everyday.