I am a recently diagnosed diabetic so thus far I don’t have too many stories to share, however, I have to say that although my journey has been short, it has been very eye opening. I give recognition to every type 1 diabetic out there who fights every day to keep on going.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:4-6 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge so far has been changing my entire lifestyle at 24 years old. Going from never looking at a label on food to calculating an insulin to carb ratio every time I eat has been a challenge, but one that I strive to accomplish more every day!
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I’ve learned that every day is a new start. If today isn’t going as planned, you can start fresh tomorrow. Trying to be a perfect diabetic will never happen, all you can do is strive to do your best.