I am learning, after having T1D for 24 years, that a low fat, plant-based, whole-foods diet is key to my roller coaster ride with my blood sugars. A Dexcom G6 is a definite must. GCM all the way.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
Cyrus Khambatta, PhD, for his scientifically backed eating that is changing my life.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Living a normal life.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
Diabetes doesn’t define me. It is a challenge, but a journey to work through.