I was an avid ice hockey player and was nervous that when I was diagnosed at 22 I wouldn’t be able to play again. I was back out on the ice 3 weeks later and had the best support with treating lows and highs from my teammates and of course my fans (family and friends).
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My biggest challenge would have to be dealing with diabetic burnout on occasion.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I have learned that living life to the fullest is just as possible with Type 1 Diabetes as it is with someone with a working pancreas!
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warrior form to share your story and get featured on our social media!