I’ve always enjoyed walking, but since being diagnosed with T1 diabetes I’ve started doing long walks (20-35 days) such as the Camino De Santiago. Training for these and the experience of walking gets me in better shape but also always involves blood sugar lows. Transcend Glucose Gels are the perfect solution. They work fast and are easy to carry in a backpack.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
How has Transcend helped treat your low blood sugars?
Transcend are fast working and the perfect size. With them I’ve learned that I can stop eating after one packet when recovering from a low.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
My diabetes is fairly brittle and small differences with amounts of exercise or hydration can really shift my blood sugar.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
To keep going and not give up. Diabetes helps me to not be a perfectionist!
Want to become a #TranscendWarrior? Fill out our Transcend Warrior form to share your story and get featured on our social media!