Many times I’ve gone to the gym (I love Zumba) but every single class I would drop low. I would have to stop in the middle to treat my blood sugar and nothing was quick and easy so I could just go back to my activity without worrying. It’s hard to get healthy when you are eating candy because you can’t keep your blood sugar up. Also, every single time me and my husband go to an escape room I always drop low even if I am high going into it.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Depends how low
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Staying in range and not feeling like a failure when I snap at my husband or refuse help because I’m low.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
Expect the unexpected and always always always carry extra supplies. Lows also always happen when it is least convenient.