I’m a recently diagnosed Type 1 diabetic. I recently traveled to a dance competition and was extremely worried about experiencing/managing lows on the flight. I drank orange juice and ate smarties the entire flight because I was scared of going low.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:6+ Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Managing the lows.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I’m still learning every day.