- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 3 doughnuts
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 32
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a mini doughnut pan with cooking spray.**
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Using scissors, cut off a corner; squeeze batter into prepared pan, filling each indent about two-thirds full. Bake about 8 minutes or until doughnuts are nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes; turn out doughnuts onto rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Dip warm doughnuts into sugar mixture, turning to coat. Makes 24 mini doughnuts (3 doughnuts per serving)
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose Splenda® Brown Sugar Baking Blend to substitute for the 1/2 cup brown sugar. Choose from Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking or Sun Crystals® Granulated Blend to substitute for the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 145 cal., 176 mg sodium, 23 g carb. Daily Values: 3 percent calcium, 3 percent iron. Exchanges: .5 other carb. Carb Choices: 1.5.
- If necessary, bake doughnuts in two batches, washing pan and coating again* with nonstick cooking spray before filling with the remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 172 cal., 4 g total fat 1 mg chol., 180 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (2 g fiber, 18 g sugars), 4 g pro.
Other Carb (d.e): 1; Starch (d.e): 1; Fat (d.e): 0.5;