Charlotte was recently diagnosed and has been brave through the entire scary process. At only 4 years old she has taken bravery to a new level. She teaches her friends about diabetes and has helped other little girls not be as scared for injections or checking blood sugars.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Shots
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Being able to be a little kid and have fun without having to stop and make sure blood sugar is in a good range or deal with treating a low.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That it’s okay to not like diabetes but it will make me stronger.