I play travel softball and there are times when I can’t play an inning because my blood sugar is low and I don’t feel good. Even when I try to stay over 200 for softball games, I drop fast. It’s not fun to miss an inning and let my team down.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?0-5
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?1-2 hours
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
All diabetics are my heroes. We go through so much and it takes a strong person.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Not feeling safe when my sugar starts to drop. I feel like something bad is going to happen.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That I am strong and can do many things.