Managing lows is scary when away from the house.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 2
- Low blood sugar instances per week:1-3 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:1-3 times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Pills
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?16+
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
My younger brother who has been on insulin for years. He’s been helpful to me as I adjust to living with diabetes.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
Testing, getting enough blood, and treating lows.
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
That I should have taken better care of myself and my health. Made it to age 72 before being diagnosed. Both parents and one brother were diabetic.