I discovered that I am t1d when I was 15 yrs old. I’ve come a long way to keep up with all that this disease takes. It’s not easy to have a normal life when you need to constantly check your sugar levels and give shots no matter where you are. But I am proud to say that this disease doesn’t have me, I control what it does to me.
My Health Details
- Type of Diabetes:Type 1
- Low blood sugar instances per week:4-5 Instances
- Daily number of times checking blood sugar:7+ times/day
- Managing Diabetes with:Insulin Pump
- What age were you diagnosed with diabetes?11-15
- How long does it typically take you to come up when you are low?Under 1 hour
Do you have a diabetic hero that you look up to? If so, who and why?
I’m my own hero.
What is your biggest challenge with diabetes?
What have you learned from your experiences with diabetes?
I learned to be strong. And that I’m stronger than I think.